By: Holly Horning
If you’re a regular reader of Totally Tigers, then you know we are a cat of different stripes. We are not like the other blogs or news sites out there that dump information in your lap to be processed in mere seconds and then discarded like Brad’s sunflower shells over the dugout railing.
No, we are baseball’s version of a whey protein shake – we want to stay with you for much or most of the day. And hopefully, a good part of the week.
If you’re reading our blog, then you’re a serious – and smart – baseball fan. You just don’t want news thrown at you. You want to think about the information and viewpoints you are receiving. You want different types of information and you want to process it on your own.
Hopefully, you also want to discuss it. Not just with us, but with your family, friends and coworkers. Maybe even with your pets depending upon the results of the last game. Which brings us to today’s blog.
A lot has happened during the past week. And much has yet to be played out. Here are some “what if’s” to take with you wherever you go – and not just for this week.
1. How much of the rumors surrounding the recent horrendous road trip have been a catalyst or wake-up call for the team?
2. How long will Brad’s sweatshirt smackdown with the umpire influence the team to come together?
3. Is Cameron Maybin that missing piece the Tigers’ have needed for team chemistry?
4. How long can Maybin play out his great start to the year?
5. Will Maybin’s enthusiasm and energy for the game rub off on the other players?
6. Or, will Maybin start to come down to the team’s low energy level after a while?
7. Could McCann’s poor start be due to a weak and tender ankle?
8. Is Miggy’s absence of power until of late be due to re-adjusting his batting technique after 2+ years of being hurt?
9. Will Brad ever keep Castellanos at third base late in the game?
10. Will Ausmus move JD again in the lineup?
11. Should Brad move Maybin up in the lineup?
12. Should Salty play more than McCann?
13. Can Castellanos keep up his phenomenal hitting?
14. Will Upton work to improve the hitting deficiencies Al Kaline pointed out on Saturday? Will Wally be successful?
15. Will Anthony Gose ever make it back?
16. Is it the bullpen talent that is lacking or is it how it is being used?
17. With Fulmer’s steady improvement, and Greene’s imminent return, will the Tigers chose to play the best or will they feel obligated to work through some expensive pitcher contracts?
18. Will the Tigers and FSD make some changes in the radio and tv booths based upon positive reviews of the musical chairs?
19. Will Brad start showing more energy or fire to get the team motivated?
20. Will fans see 3 out of the 5 starting pitchers change by the end of the year?
How long will it take for us to have answers to most of these questions? Make this a memorable Monday and take these questions with you wherever you go. And make sure to start some dialogs here, too!